P3 Online Learning Program Overview
Online Learning Option for SVSD Students
Our school district offers a fully online learning model, as part of the Parent Partnership Program (P3), for Snoqualmie Valley K-12 students wishing to learn from home during the 2022-23 school year.
The online program, provided by Imagine Learning, is full-time and has a full range of courses. Washington State considers online learning to be an Alternative Learning Environment (ALE). All students in ALE are required to have weekly two-way contact with their teacher and monthly progress checks that are communicated both to the student and parent.
Imagine Learning classes are primarily asynchronous, with independent viewing of recorded classes. Courses will be monitored by SVSD certificated staff, and will have teachers available to help answer questions and work with students on lessons if needed.
- This option is offered full-time only for grades K-12.
- Enrollment will be limited to the beginning of each term.
- There is an application process and interview to enroll. We want to help students find the most effective learning program to meet their needs and, in some cases, online school isn't the best choice.
- Students requesting P3 Online Learning will be transferred from their home school to the SVSD Parent Partnership Program (P3). They will no longer be enrolled in their home/neighborhood schools.
- Should a P3 Online student wish to move back to in-person learning at their home school at some point, we ask that families work with us to transition back at logical break points (i.e. grading periods). This will be addressed on a case-by-case basis, pending space available.
- Clarification for high school students:
- This is a different option from the existing Mount Si High School Online Program, which allows students in grades 9-12 to access online courses that may not be available at the school, and includes staffed assistance from the MSHS online program coordinator.
- Online Learning offers 6 classes, instead of the 7 offered at MSHS.
- P3 Online seniors will graduate from the Parent Partnership Program and will not walk in the Mount Si ceremony. They may not be included in the traditional MSHS senior activities.
- Full-time Running Start students who do not wish to attend any courses on the Mount Si campus are not considered 100% remote. Running Start students will still be enrolled at MSHS.
For additional Program Details and How to Register, click on the links (on the left).